Deliberately Ignored Opportunities

I had several opportunities to add certain people as "friends" on Facebook and deliberately did not! First, I am not adding friends randomly or past "friends" through any invitation from me; but, I am always willing to accept "friend" requests from others, even those who have deleted or blocked me before. Even if those people ever took it upon themselves to quit "hiding", I would not try to add them! I only want FB friends who wish to have me as a friend. Thus no more friends requests from me going out to anyone except if a close friend suggests someone I have never had the opportunity to get to know.

I did send a "friend request" to my ex-husband on Facebook; but, that was because he is "friends" with my daughters and plays a game I play, no other reason!

 I have set my privacy on friends only a few times and may do so in the future. This is not a response to anyone who may have been a past "friend" or an attempt to keep information from anyone; but, just a desire to be left alone for a short period of time. I prefer to keep my privacy settings on Everybody or Friends of Friends because I have nothing to hide! Those who know me well and understand me are always welcome to read anything I write, either here or on Facebook. I will try not to respond to paranoia but those who know me know I am quite loony and tend to fluctuate on decisions and thoughts!

As for "opportunities" to add anyone in particular....NO Thanks! If anyone wishes to add me fine, otherwise just use these writings here to keep "slamming me" or as fuel for "rants". Yep, that is a little paranoia showing through! My "notes" on Facebook will remain for FB friends, as those who read them at least try to clarify things before jumping to conclusions and that is what friends do!

I have thought of deactivating my account on Facebook several times over the last few months; but, I refuse to be someone else's puppet and I still enjoy a few games and really enjoy interacting with a few friends. Will I ever leave Facebook? Probably not, for there are some family members I would not be able to interact with other than on FB. I do have accounts on several other "social sites", won't name them here; but, I enjoy my true friends on Facebook!

I will continue to ignore any "opportunities" to add certain people as I am aware they could not// would not understand me! Which in reality I don't hold any resentment over because there are days/months where I don't/can't understand me!

No comments: